What is BanglaGovNet?
· BanglaGovNet Stands for Bangladesh Government wide Network.
· It is a Public Network to connect all the Government entities throughout the country under a single Network.
· It is a dedicated Government Intranet.
· To ensure a Basic Infrastructure for e-Government.
· To ensure a Secured Connectivity among all the Government entities.
· To ensure e-Governance through an integrated common platform.
· To provide vast free Bandwidth for data Communication within the Government.
· To improve government efficiency and promote interaction between governments Ministry/ Divisions, Departments, Districts and Upazillas by construction of government network infrastructure.
· To use ICT system within the public administration to improve efficiency, accountability and transparency, reduce wastage of resources, enhance planning and raise the quality of services.
· To maximize the computerization of work processes and resources through integrated information management system enabling real time administration.
· To construct a public network as a backbone for the effective implementation of e-Government.
Scope of the Project:
Realizing the socio-economic condition of the country a master plan has been considered to implement theBanglaGovNet Project in integrated phases within the period. This will create an avenue of implementing G2G, G2B, G2C/G2P services gradually in the country. The first phase of the project is proposed to be implemented with a soft loan from Economic Development Cooperation Fund (EDCF) of Korea EXIM Bank with the following scope:
1. Construct Government Data Resource Centre i.e. National ICT Centre(NICTC) which will be the core part of the network to interconnect every government Ministry/Division, Department, District and Upazila administration to provide :
2. Centralized Control and Management of the Network;
3. Secure Single Point of Entry/Exit to the Internet;
4. Secure Communication;
5. Broadband Connectivity through IP Backbone;
6. Centralized Government-wide Secure e-Mail System and IP-based Voice Services;
7. Open Interoperability Standards;
8. Virtual Private Network(VPN) Connection for authorized agencies;
9. Hosting all Government Websites etc.
10. Construct District Data Resource Centre i.e. District ICT Centre (DICTC) in each of the District Commissioner (DC) offices which will be connected with the NICTC.
11. Construct Upazila Data Resource Centre i.e. Upazila ICT Centre (UICTC) in minimum 64 UNO offices in Dhaka or any other District, which will be connected with the NICTC and DICTC.
12. Provide the government-wide intranet enabling government agencies to access and share their information and data.
13. Develop the centralized government-wide electronic mail and filing system to provide an electronic mailbox and storage to the registered government users. (Gov e-Mail)
14. Supply and install comprehensive security solution such as Firewall, Anti-Spam Filters and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) in order to ensure identification of hackers and abuses of government network and intruders into privacy of users. (UTM, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Physical Security, etc.)
15. Training and Visiting program for enhancing ICT knowledge and skill
16. Consulting services.
17. Operation and Maintenance support.
Area of the Project:
1. BCC (Bangladesh Computer Council)
2. All Ministries and Divisions in Dhaka
3. Major Departments and Agency under Ministries and Divisions in Dhaka.
4. 64 Deputy Commissioner’s Offices.
Selected 64 UNO Offices.
গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ সরকারের মাননীয় প্রধানমন্ত্রী
জনাব সজীব ওয়াজেদ জয়
মাননীয় প্রধানমন্ত্রীর আইসিটি বিষয়ক উপদেষ্টা
জুনাইদ আহ্মেদ পলক এমপি
সুবীর কিশোর চৌধুরী
স্বপন কুমার সরকার